- In 2030, crop yields will have fallen including North America and 100 million more people will be forced into absolute poverty
- In 2040, more extinction of animal species will occur + frequent droughts and floods.
- In 2050, the disappearance of coral reefs and increasing malnutrition in developing countries.
- In 2060, more New Yorkers will be dying from coastal storms and invasive species hit Europe.
- In 2080, coastal areas of Australia and New Zealand could flood due to rising seas
- In 2090, average temperatures in Africa could skyrocket to 6˚C
- In 2100, mass extinction, dead fish, normal wildfires and limited fresh water
Is this our future? It is time to make sacrifices of convenience. It is time for the next generation to think of how to innovate and not to stagger. It is up to you to set an example for generations to come. Let’s battle climate change, one step at a time. Together.
“One of the big questions in the climate change debate: Are humans any smarter than frogs in a pot? If you put a frog in a pot and slowly turn up the heat, it won’t jump out. Instead, it will enjoy the nice warm bath until it is cooked to death. We humans seem to be doing pretty much the same thing.”(Goodell)
“Climate change does not respect border; it does not respect who you are – rich and poor, small and big. Therefore, this is what we call ‘global challenges,’ which require global solidarity” (Ban Ki-moon)
Check out the link below to have a sneak peak of our future.