The World With 100 People


I’m sure all of you have heard of Bill and Melinda Gates. They are the founders of Microsoft Corporations. He is third richest person according Forbes ($76-77 billion ). He has accomplished so much in the tech industry. However did you know Bill Gates has aspergers? I’m sure it must surprise you. Don’t let anyone tell you what your limitations are, because look what he did. In 1997, he and his wife founded the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. This foundation improves global health, global development and U.S education.

Melinda Gates posted something called A World With 100 People”, now this interested me because this is something which could happen to us with our population with over 7 billion.

Here are my evaluations on it.

  • Did you know 70% would have phones? The other 30% probably don’t have a network connection, phone, computer, items we take for granted. Tech increases productivity, it creates new jobs, more competition and can make work a little fun. This is something we need to work on.

  • I was shocked to see education was only at 9%! This probably means technology is much more important than education. I agree technology is a great item we have in our lives however we need to increase education importance in order for less poverty and will create more jobs. (48% live under USD$2 and 49% live in rural areas).

  • However I was happy reading and writing was at 83% and most people did not give up a basic skill. However it is one everyone should have.